News and Events
NEWS / From 'Good to Great'!
From 'Good to Great'!
You will probably recognize the title from the famous ‘Jim Collins book of the same name?
Sport is a key aspect of our learning programme in Atlantic Hall and over time we have helped produce and develop many excellent sports men and women in various sporting disciplines, however none more so than our very own ‘Olympian’ Seye Oggunlewe (Class of 2008)
So who is he?
Seye Ogunlewe was born on the 30th August 1991 in Lagos, Nigeria, the last child of Adeseye and Kemi Ogunlewe. He was a bonafide student of Atlantic Hall School, Epe for six years where he started his athletics career.
He initially started out playing football, but was advised to join athletics team, He was listed among the school relay teams as a junior students and he performed very well in the various meets he attended. He participated actively in sports throughout his stay in the school, represents school in various sporting competitions. He was a member of the basketball team and he played a key position, He was the captain of the soccer and relay teams.
After his secondary education, Seye Ogunlewe moved to Ireland in 2008 to further his education where he combined education with his athletics career. He won the Irish Schools Championships in 2009 and 2010. Ireland and Nigeria were in a race to get him to represent them at the World Junior Championships in 2010. He is a Law and Politics graduate of the University of Essex.
At the 2016 Nigerian Championships, he successfully defended his national title. He won the 100 m in a personal best of 10.12 s and thereby qualified for the Rio Olympic Games.
In the just concluded 23rd Annual Inter house Sport of our school held on the 4th of February 2017, Seye Ogunlewe donated two pairs of signed Nike spike shoes to the best athletes’ senior boys and girls in 100m.
CAREER (ATLANTIC HALL)
- Best athlete in 100m and 200m
- Best team in relay race (Lagos and environ)
- 4th position in relay race @ World Athletics Championship, France 2006
- Best team in Basketball (AKOFA) competitions
- Best team in Soccer
- British University 100m Champion 2014
- 2 time British University Indoor silver medalist 2011/2012
- British University Indoor 60m champion 2014
- Irish Indoor Champion 60m 2012
- African 4x100m silver medalist Benin 2012
- African 4x100m gold medalist Morocco 2014
- African games 100m finalist Congo 2015
- Commonwealth Games 200m first round / 4th place Scotland 2014.
- Nigerian 100m silver medalist 2013
- Nigerian 100m champion 2015/2016
- Olympic 100m heats 4th place.
- Top 10 in Africa (6th)
Seye has visited the school on a couple of occasions recently and has pledged to support the school in its quest to develop our sports facilities further and develop sport across the school to a standard of ‘excellence’ within a new ‘Academy’ structure.
The school, Board of Trustees and PTA are embarking on a dedicated project to bring this aspiration to a reality.
Watch this space!