LIFE AT ATLANTIC
Atlantic Hall is renowned for its sporting excellence and sports in Atlantic Hall is highly competitive. Our students enjoy an extensive array of sporting opportunities, and almost all the students are in a sports’ team or play a particular game. Sports have always been a major feature and a great enticement for the students. Our graduating students who are active in sports have used sports participation and achievement as leverage for gaining admissions into universities and other higher institutions of learning, some students have also received sports scholarships in universities at home and abroad.
The sports department organizes intramural & extramural sports activities. Our athletes also participate in national and international sports competitions, with students indicating a high level of interest in the training sessions which are successful. New records have been set in Athletics in Lagos State by our students and various trophies have been won by them.
One of our ex-students and currently Nigeria’s fastest man, Seye Ogunlewe represented Nigeria in the recently concluded 2016 Rio Olympic Games. As a student, Seye Ogunlewe’s first love was the round leather game of football, but one of his teachers helped him focus on athletics after identifying his potential during a sports competition in secondary school.
Atlantic Hall students participate in the following internal sports programmes in all categories (Boys and Girls—Junior, Intermediate and Senior).
- Annual Inter-house Athletics Competition.
- Annual Inter-house Soccer Competition tagged “Principal Cup”
- Annual Inter-house Basketball Competition
- Sports fiesta which includes: Handball, Volleyball, Chess, Scrabble, Table-Tennis, Badminton and various kinds of indoor activities.
- A-HALL Soccer Challenge ( Inter -School Soccer Competitions)
- A-HALL Swimming programmes ( Inter -House and Inter-School programmes)
- Inter-School Basketball and Volleyball Competitions
- Inter-School and Inter-House Cricket Competitions
Special Day /Public Holiday Sports programme
- Inter-house Mini-Olympic Competition
- Annual Inter-Sets and Sports Competitions in Soccer, Volleyball, Basketball, etc.
- Annual Inter-Sets March Past during Children’s Day, Worker’s Day and Independence Day
- Sports competition between staff and graduating class.
- Sports Programmes between Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff.
PARTICIPATION IN EXTERNAL COMPETITIONS
- Akofa (Ivy League Basketball Competitions)
- Lagos State Sports Festival
- Nigeria International School Association sports programme
- Kuforiji Olubi Soccer Competitons
- AISEN Sports Competitions
- Nestle Milo Basketball Competition
- Numerous school’s invitational relay
- Numerous invitation letter on friendly matches
- Weekend Sports Exchange programme with some International schools
- APEN Sports Competitions
PARTICIPATION IN INTERNATIONAL SPORTS COMPETITIONS
In international competitions, Atlantic Hall is a force to be reckoned with. Our students participate in competitions organised by the following National and International Sports Federations and put up wonderful performance. In all the competitions, our athletes display high level of discipline. The sports bodies are:
- Nigeria School Sports Federation (NSSF).
- Nigeria Olympic Committee
- Nigeria Football Association
- ISF Athletics
- -Euro Worldwide Umbro International Cup England
- A.E Youth Sports Federation Dubai
- National Association of Technical Officials
- International School Sports Federation (ISF)
- -San Diego Soccer Federations.
- California State Games
The following are the International Sports Annual events we have participated in:
- ISF Jean Humbert Cup for World School Athletics Championship (10th edition) held in Bordeaux, France. June 2007
- A.E/Nigeria football Tournament March 2008.
- Umbro International Cup, Youth Football Tournament July-August 2008.
- World School Athletics Cup in Tallinn, Estonia June 2009
- 2009 Dubai Easter Tournament in Soccer, Basketball, Swimming and excursion for boys and girls. April 2009.
- Handball and basketball tourney in London and Manchester and excursion July 2009.
- Umbro International (football) cup in Manchester and visit to old Trafford to watch the season’s premiership league. July-August 2009
- Copa Del Mar, San Diego, California, USA. 2009 -2012
- San Diego Soccer Tournament, California, USA 2010-2012
- Annual California State Games, San Diego, USA, 2011 – 2016.